How to Help
Help us make a real Difference.
We can't do it alone...
We rescue our dogs from a variety of bad situations: local owner surrenders in the state of Maine, dogs on kill lists for shelters in the south, and dogs seized in cruelty/criminal cases. We also model and advocate for responsible dog ownership, especially for our bully breeds who are judged more harshly than other breeds. Training is an integral part of our mission, and the land we are raising funds for will house a training facility where we can train our dogs before they go to their foster homes, offer free training for bully breed owners in the state of Maine, AND offer training, boarding, and doggy day care to the community as an income source for the rescue.
We need your help to keep us moving forward in our mission and goals.
Your donations are SO important. Right now donations received go towards: Pulling dogs from shelters who are at high risk of euthanasia, vetting, spaying/neutering them, transporting them north, providing any training they need, and adopting them into good homes, or our Land Fund to purchase land for kennels, a training facility, and a doggy day care/training business that will FEED the rescue with a stream of income (and provide support for bully breed owners in Maine!)
Every little bit counts!
Pittie Posse Rescue & Sanctuary is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit. Your contributions are tax-deductible.
To save a dogs life, we need a foster home here in Maine to step up and give them a place to crash.
Fosters get all expenses covered, and are just asked to love the dog, provide a safe, happy, healthy temporary home, and work with the dog on basic training (housebreaking for puppies, sit/stay/come, etc).
We need volunteers! Our volunteers can be both local OR non-local (from anywhere in the world!). We are 100% volunteer run so we use volunteers in every aspect of the rescue. Some examples of places where we always need volunteers are:
- To process foster and adoption applications and conduct virtual home visits
- To organize and volunteer at events (adoption events, fundraising events, etc)
- ALWAYS for fundraising team (Pittie Posse Cash Crew)
- Transport help within the state of Maine
- Grant writers, copy creation for the newsletter, graphic designers
- Connections to businesses that can support and help: sponsorship. T-shirt and swag creation. Hardware stores, lumber companies, fencing companies, pet care suppliers, vets
- Dog trainers in Maine or who can work virtually and can volunteer time for our dogs
- People who can bake for adoption event bake sales
- And so many other places!
Fill out an application today to get started!
Looking for a new friend? We adopt our dogs all over—not just in Maine. Our dogs come to you vetted and fixed, and receive training if needed. We work to make sure you and your dog are the right fit for each other.
Help us buy our rescue land and build our first set of kennels. Every donation, big and small, counts!
Rescue Updates, Foster Needs, New Adoptions & More
DoN't Miss A Thing — Join Our Newsletter Now!